Big Love Family Projects (the publisher of Lionheart) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As per our book, proceeds go to fund Big Love Family Projects.
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook - What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing, Bruce Perry & Maia Szalavitz. One of the most profound books we've read on our journey. All of a sudden, so many things made sense.
- Building the Bonds of Attachment, Awakening Love in Deeply Troubled Children, Daniel A. Hughes. In our opinion, this is the gold standard for therapeutic parenting. For some of us, this has been life changing.
- http://childtrauma.org is packed with excellent resources, especially around the NMT model.
- Brain-Based Parenting, Daniel A. Hughes
- The Primal Wound: Understanding the Adopted Child, Nancy Newton Verrier
- Attaching in Adoption, Deborah Gray
- When Love is Not Enough, Nancy Thomas. Some consider the approaches here controversial. At certain times and with certain children, we have found parts of it very real and truthful.
- Raising Wildcats: Parenting Children with Attachment Disorder, Lynn Beth Barnett
- Using Stories to Build Bridges with Traumatised Children, Kim Golding. Selina attended Kim's training in London, Selina loved her!
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew, Sherrie Eldridge.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma, Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
RECOMMENDATIONS FROM OUR COMMUNITY
Forever Mom, Mary Ostyn A Christian faith-based approach.